How HEWI Works
The ultimate luxury fashion consignment website, HEWI aims to make buying and selling your pre-loved pieces a seamless experience. We are specialised in designer clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women and children - from Dior and Dolce & Gabbana to Balenciaga and Bonpoint. Online security is our utmost priority. We are passionate about creating a safe environment for our customers and have in place tight approval processes, cross-checks of IP addresses and an insistence on receipts for top-end items. Join our community of fashion lovers today.
Become a Buyer
Hundreds of items uploaded daily, the world's most coveted brands, and all at a fraction of the price. Ready to fill your wardrobe with beautiful things? Look no further.
- CREATE YOUR PROFILE - Personalise your HEWI shopping experience by creating an account, uploading a photo and writing a brief intro about yourself.
- DISCOVER THE FASHION YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR / DREAMING OF - Discover our edit of over 71000 designer pieces with up to 80% off the original retail price.
- ANY QUESTIONS? - Communicate directly with the seller before making your purchase.
- PAY SECURELY - We'll only release your payment to the seller once you've received your item, safe and sound.
- DELIVERY FOR YOU! - Hurray it's here! Mark the item as received in your account and leave seller feedback.
Each item is carefully screened by our team of experts to ensure its authenticity, fair price and accurate description, as well as spotting any counterfeits. Of course, if something doesn't look right to you, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a HEWI Independent seller
Looking to make some space in your wardrobe? Bought the black and you really wish you'd bought the red? It's out with the old and in with the new, starting right here.
- CREATE YOUR PROFILE - Personalise your HEWI experience by creating an account, uploading a photo and writing a brief intro about yourself.
- FREE TO LIST ITEMS - It couldn't be easier. In mere moments, upload a photo of your item along with a product description stating brand, size and quality, and the approximate date of purchase.
- HEWI APPROVES - Once reviewed by our team, your product should appear on our website within hours. You may be advised to make some adjustments to ensure that your item description is as accurate - and sellable - as possible.
- SOLD! - Once your item sells, ship it directly to the buyer (we recommend that you use special delivery so that items are tracked and signed for).
- RECEIVE PAYMENT - Once the buyer has acknowledged receipt, payment will be processed minus HEWI's 18% commission!
You will receive payment for your items within 7-14 days of the postage date, or earlier if the buyer marks the item as received. Alternatively, you can select a payment frequency that suits you in your account settings. As an online security measure, it is our policy to pay new sellers via PayPal for their first five sales.
YOU'RE IN GOOD COMPANY
Communication is key, always be as polite and as prompt as possible when liaising with prospective buyers. Honesty is vital and will avoid returns and wasted postage costs.
AUTHENTICITY AND ACCURACY
While we don't always keep the original packaging, receipts and labels, clear photos improve browsing and lead to more successful sales. Always photograph the entire item, keep the background simple and avoid blurred or filtered images.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PROFESSIONAL SELLERS ARE DEFINED AS:
Operating as a boutique A business using the platform to sell their items. Purchasing directly wholesale or in bulk with intent to make a profit by reselling. Selling multiple identical items in new and unused condition. Sellers uploading end of line/season stock.
It is every professional seller's responsibility to follow the UK laws for selling and declaring.
Become a HEWI VIP
The easiest and most efficient way to detox your wardrobe? Let us do all the work for you. Our most exclusive service, from collecting your items to dealing with buyer enquiries, we handle every aspect of the process, allowing you total anonymity.
- DETOX YOUR WARDROBE
- LET HEWI DO ALL THE WORK FOR YOU
- CHOOSE HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PAID
Looking to make some space for the new season? We are on hand to help you edit your wardrobe and select the pieces you wish to sell on.
From arranging collection to photography, pricing, storage, seller enquiries and shipping, we'll take care of everything while you relax and enjoy your newly streamlined wardrobe.
Once items are sold, you'll be paid monthly, on your selected date, less our 35% commission (minimum commission is £25 plus VAT per item). We are also happy to arrange for payment to be donated to a charity of your choice, should you wish.
Our VIP service offers:
- VIP Manager - Responsible for all aspects of your account management. Contactable 7 days a week.
- Collection service - We can assist you in selecting your items and arrange collection.
- In-house Photographer - Items are professionally photographed and edited in-house.
- Inventory - We provide you with a VIP profile to allow you to view your items.
- Pricing - Your items will be priced at the highest market price considered achievable by HEWI.
- Items for sale - Your items are listed on HEWI, with descriptions written by our team of fashion experts.
- Storage - Items are insured and securely stored until they are sold and shipped.
- Promotion - We promote your items globally on the HEWI platform, via newsletter and social media.
- Delivery - Items are packed and posted to their new homes.
- Payment - Once the buyer has acknowledged receipt, payment will be processed minus HEWI's 35% commission (minimum commission is £25 plus VAT per item)
Please note: A minimum of £25 will be charged per item sold. Should you request an item to be returned to you there will be a £25 charge per item, plus postage cost. By applying for the service you agree to our terms.